Barone di Villagrande Contrada Etna Bianco Superiore 2018
Milo, home of Superior White, each Contrada with its own characteristics. In Contrada Villagrande we wanted to create a wine that defies time, that amplifies the characteristics of the Etna area: freshness, longevity, elegance.
– Production area: Milo Contrada Villagrande (700 m)
– Exposure: Southeast
– Grape varieties: Carricante 90%, native Etnean vines 10%.
– Plantings: Guyot, 7000 vines per hectare Yield / 40 hectoliters per hectare
– Aging: 500L oak barrels for 12 months and one year in bottle.
– Serving temperature: 12° C
– View: Straw yellow, bright and dense.
– Nose: Persistent and complex hints of white fruit, flowers, almonds.
– Taste: Elegant and balanced drinking, lingering minerality and freshness.
– Pairings: Elaborate first courses, fish with firm cooking, legumes and soups.
– Notes: Immediately elegant but not demanding, very persistent and warm, it gives evolutions and contrasts of flavors that invite drinking and, for those who know how to wait, unique emotions.
– Guarantee: To be drunk now, but guaranteed for up to twenty years after harvest.