Barone di Villagrande Etna Bianco Superiore 2021
Grape varieties: Carricante 90%, native Etnean vines 10%.
A wine with a distinct personality, forged by the land where it was born and whose name it bears.
– Production area: Milo Contrada Villagrande (700 m)
– Exposure: Southeast
– Grape varieties: Carricante 90%, native Etnean vines 10%.
– Plantings: Guyot, 7000 vines per hectare Yield / 40 hectoliters per hectare
– Fermentation: Steel, bottling 10 months after harvest
– Serving temperature: 8-10° C
– View: Pale straw yellow, bright and dense.
– Nose: Persistent floral and white fruit scents, overall harmonious and elegant.
– Taste: Distinct acidity, drinkable elegance and lingering minerality.
– Pairings: Perfect with shellfish and raw fish, but also with dishes with stronger flavors, and cheeses no to medium-aged.
– Notes: strong acidity and lingering minerality hint at its longevity. Over time it develops great character and balance.