Castello di Neive Barbaresco Santo Stefano Albesani Docg 2020
The Castello di Neive farm was founded in the early 1960s by engineer Italo Stupino and boasts an estate of 60 hectares, 27 of which are planted with vineyards and 20 with hazelnut groves. Aging of the wines takes place in modern, up-to-date winemaking cellars, while at one time in noted winemaker Louis Oudart produced a dry wine from nebbiolo grapes, which under the name “Neive” won a gold medal at the 1862 London Exposition.
The company now produces about 170,000 bottles and has among the best vineyards in the Barbaresco area.
The wines have been produced for more than 30 years by winemaker Claudio Roggero.
The wine comes from a selection of grapes from the Santo Stefano monopole vineyard.
of Tortonian-Serravallian origin is characterized by marly soil combined with a good percentage of fine sand.
Characteristics of Cru:
Exposure: South and South – West at 240 meters above sea level.
Area: 7 hectares.
Age of plants: 90% are more than 45 years old, the remaining 10% are more than 15 years old.
Temperature-controlled alcoholic fermentation followed by malolactic fermentation and aging in wood for at least two years.
A full-bodied, long-lived wine with a deep, bright garnet color with light orange hues. The nose smells of well-ripened small fruits with notes of tobacco, dried flowers, spices, cocoa and mint. The taste is rich with soft tannins and right acidity.