is the oldest Maison of Champagne. Indeed, Benedictine monk Dom Thierry Ruinart (1657-1709, the time of Louis XIV), a native of the Champagne region was the first to be convinced that “vin de bulles” was destined for a great future and, based on this conviction, convinced his nephew Nicolas to found the Maison in 1729. In 1768 Ruinart purchased ancient Gallo-Roman chalk quarries, dug under the city of Reims to a depth of 38 meters, to store bottles. Classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since July 2015, these quarries offer constant thermal stability, total absence of vibration and perfect humidity, ideal conditions for fermentation and maturation of wines. The Chardonnay grape is the soul of Maison Ruinart, the common thread in all blends; thanks to a great aromatic freshness, it is lively, pure, luminous. Its grapes, mainly from the Côte des Blancs and the Montagne de Reims, are at the heart of all Ruinart Cuvées.