Gravel Black Tasca D’Almerita Etna Doc 2018
BLACK GRAVEL ETNA DOC
Our interpretation of Nerello Mascalese from young vineyards. Terraces surrounded by chestnut and downy oak forests, an area rich in biodiversity that determines the personality of the wines. Soft tannins, good drinkability and freshness. It is aged in large oak barrels, a non-invasive wood as Nerello Mascalese requires.
- Grape varieties: Nerello Mascalese
- Appellation: Etna DOC
- Wine-growing area: northern slope of Etna volcano – contrade Sciaranova and Piano Dario (Randazzo), contrada Rampante (Castiglione di Sicilia), Catania – Sicily
- Soils: terraces on volcanic sediments
- Year of implantation: 2004/2007
- Altitude: 600 m above sea level.
- Vineyard exposure: north
- Training system: espalier
- Type of pruning: spurred cordon
- Density of strains per ha: 4.500
- Yield quintals of grapes per ha: 76 ql
- Harvest time: October 19-22
- Seasonal weather pattern: Mild and rainy winter, spring and summer with cooler than average temperatures and well-distributed rainfall. Slight advance in ripening.
- Fermentation temperature: 25/30°C
- Length of fermentation: 6 days
- Malolactic fermentation: carried out totally
- Aging: in 25 hl oak barrels for 12 months
- Alcohol content: 13% Vol.