Orban Champagne Brut Réserve Vieilles Vignes
Its finesse brings you into the universe of Francis Orban’s Champagnes.
Meunier Noir reveals the full breadth of its fruit by magnifying the terroir of Leuvrigny. (100% Meunier Noir).
This Cuvèe consists of 50% “Vins de Réserve” and aging on the lees is a minimum of 24 months.
Dosage: 8 g/l
- View: its slightly golden color and the fineness of its bubbles evoke its elegant lightness.
- Nose: The nose reveals fruity notes of apricot and white peach.
- Taste: the mouth confirms the balance, with a nice roundness and persistent freshness where finesse remains the key to this Champagne.
Pairings: excellent as an aperitif or paired with light dishes such as fish or grilled white meats.
Francis Orban Champagne
Francis Orban is a young récoltant manipulant who was born in 1980 and finished His studies in viticulture and enology in 1999.
In 2007 he decided to produce his own brand of Champagne, the result of the family’s legacy of savoir-faire and his personal experiences. In fact, his family’s history in Champagne began four generations earlier, when great-grandfather Léopold Orban, a sparkling wine pioneer in the village of Leuvrigny, decided to make this wine. Subsequent generations focused on selling grapes, and only Francis began Champagne production again.
Francis Orban leads 7.5 hectares of vineyards all in the commune of Leuvrigny, located on the right bank of the Marne, for an annual production of about 60,000 bottles, 80 percent of which are sold in France and the remaining 20 percent abroad. The Village of Leuvrigny is strongly characterized by three factors: an ideal southern exposure, an exceptional arigillaceous-limestone soil and a perfect microclimate particularly suited to the cultivation of Meunier Noir, the emblematic grape variety of its property.
There are six Champagnes produced by Francis Orban and four of these with 100% Meunier Noir.
Cuvée Brut Réserve, Rosé, Extra Brut and Prestige are made up of 50% “vins de réserve,” and aging on the lees in the bottle is a minimum of 24 months for the first three and 36 months for Cuvée Prestige. Bottles of Millésime and Cuvée L’Orbane remain in the cellar on the lees for at least 72 months.
Meunier Noir, which accounts for 90% of Francis Orban’s vineyard, is a grape variety that originates in Champagne and particularly expresses all its roundness, fruitiness, balance and finesse in Leuvrigny.
A separate note deserves the Cuvée L’Orbane, 100% Meunier Noir produced in only one parcel and not all vintages. The base wine does not undergo any racking during the period of aging on the lees in wooden barrels. New 300-liter “barriques champenoises” and small 128-liter barrels previously “winnowed” from great Burgundy wines are used. Malolactic fermentation is not carried out to respect the full expression and all the structure of this Champagne.