Riserva Del Conte Tasca D’Almerita 2010 cl 75
San Lucio is the first Great Vineyard identified on the Regaleali Estate. Tree-grown, it appears as a work of art, an avant-garde installation. Walking inside the San Lucio vineyard is crucial to understanding its value; each of its component vines tells you about time, as only wise old men can. Regaleali’s oldest large vineyard has incredible quality consistency: its production is a few grams per plant, yet it can withstand the influence of extreme climates.
From the same vineyard, Riserva del Conte returned in 2010 after 40 years.
- Grape varieties: Perricone (60%) Nero d’Avola (40%)
- Appellation: Contea di Sclafani DOC
- Wine-growing area: Tenuta Regaleali – Palermo – Sicily
- Vineyards: San Lucio of ha 04.43
- Soils: coarse loam, evolved on sandy sediment, deep limestone Year of planting: 1959
- Altitude: 480 m above sea level
- Vineyard exposure: south/east
- Training system: sapling
- Type of pruning: short spur pruning
- Density of strains per ha: 6,000
- Yield quintals of grapes per ha: 67 ql
- Seasonal weather pattern: a year characterized by a mild, dry winter, cool spring and summer, with good, well-distributed rainfall. Good water nutrition of the vine. Unseasonably warm summer temperatures ensured slow and complete ripening of the grapes. The vintage was deemed worthy of being sealed in numbered bottles.
- Fermentation temperature: start 20°C and end 28°C
- Length of time in contact with skins: 25 days
- Malolactic fermentation: carried out totally
- Aging: in 500-liter chestnut barrels for 26 months
- Alcohol content: 14% Vol.
- Wine analytical data: pH 3.56 – AT 6.0 g/l – ZR 0.30 g/l – ET 28.0 g/l